Track and Manage the Quantity of Stock Items and Consumables
Hello, and welcome to GoCodes!
In today's video, I’m going to explain how you can use GoCodes to track and manage the quantity available for stock items and consumables.
1. Move your mouse to the top right where you see your name and the Person icon and left click on your Name to view the dropdown menu.
2. Next scroll down to where it says Customization and click to customize your account.
3. Check the checkbox called Enable Inventory, Quantity Tracking, which you can find at the top right side of the Customization screen.
4. Click the top menu where you see the text ‘Asset List’ to return to your list of items.
In this example, let’s look at how to track the quantity of gloves in the inventory, as they are a consumable item.
1. Click on the blue Asset ID for the item you wish to view.
2. Click the Edit button, which you can see towards the top right.
3. Scroll down to where you see the data field called Quantity and enter the total number of gloves that is currently in your inventory.
4. Click the Save button at the bottom right.
You can now see the Quantity tracking feature which shows the current quantity of inventory, that you have entered.
5. Clicking the plus or minus sign to decrease or increase your quantity of inventory by 1.
6. Click the number itself to directly edit the Quantity of inventory. As you can see this feature allows you to easily update your inventory quantities.
Manage Inventory on your Mobile App
Let’s now look at how to manage inventory using our mobile app.
1. Sign into your account on our mobile app.
2. Scan the GoCodes QR code on your inventory. The mobile app immediately recognizes this item as an inventory or consumable item. It will show you what the item is, as well as the quantity you have.
3. Click the Use or Restock button to use or restock a single item.
4. Click the Scan to Use button to scan multiple barcodes in succession, without needing to click or press anything else, rather like the supermarket self-checkout you might use.
5. Click the Scan to Restock button to add stock, without needing to click or press anything else, too.
That’s all there is to it. As you can see, it’s that easy!
Thank you for listening.