In this video, I'm going to show you how to create a Custom field. Custom fields are fields that you can add to your account, if your organization requires fields we haven’t included. It gives you the flexibility to create your account the way you want.
Once you log into your GoCodes account, you'll see a screen that looks very similar to this.
1. Navigate to the top-right. You see your name and a person icon. Now click on your name to see the drop down menu list of options.
2. Click on ‘Customization’ to navigate to the Customization screen.
3. At the bottom right of the screen, you will see the Custom Fields section. To create a new custom field, just click the slider to the right and enter a name for your new custom field.
In our example, we will name it ‘Customer Name.’
4. You may also choose to add a drop-down menu of choices for your new custom field. For example, you may have 15 different customers who you work with and would like to be able to select one of these customers from a list, instead of manually entering their name each time.
5. Next click the gear icon which is located to the right of ‘Free text.’ Select ‘Dropdown’ and fill in your options. In this example, I’ll create three options for my drop-down menu.
6. Now, anytime a user works with this data, they will be presented with the three options you’ve just created.
As you can see it’s that easy. Thank you for listening.