Sometimes you may need to copy the data from one asset to another.
For example if a label is damaged and you want to replace it with a new label that has a different ID number, but you want to retain the existing asset data. In this case, you can use our copy feature to copy the asset data from the existing ID/label to a new one.
The copy feature is initially available on Apple and Android devices and will soon be extended to the web software too.
Here's how to copy an asset using a mobile app.
- Open the mobile app and login
- Scan or search for the asset you want to copy FROM
- Click the asset to view the information and note the option at the bottom of screen called COPY
- Click COPY and scan the GoCodes QR code label for the asset you want to copy information to.
- Your asset data is now copied to the new GoCodes Asset ID (Note you may want to update or deactivate the old one so you don't have a duplicate.
That's it! Easy.