There are a couple of ways to do this.
The easiest in most cases is to use the iPhone native app as follows.
- Login as usual on the mobile app
- Either scan the assets if they are nearby and there are not too many OR do a search to return all the assets you wish to update. Be careful to ensure you can get a list of results that are identified with a common data element that you can search for. For example, they might all be Type:Asset1 and you would search for Asset1.
- Then at the bottom of the screen click the Update All button. This will take you to a blank asset detail screen where you can add the data fields you wish to update. Black fields will not be changed.
- The system will confirm the number of assets updated
- BE CAREFUL WITH THIS POWERFUL FEATURE AS YOU CAN QUICKLY ERASE/UPDATE A LARGE NUMBER ASSETS BY ACCIDENT TOO.
- This feature works with the custom data fields too